In Accordance with the Northville Board Policy for Wellness:
1. Northville follows the USDA, Smart Snacks in School regulations.
2. If birthdays are celebrated, only non-food items may be sent to school.
Examples may include small party favors (stickers, pencils, erasers...), birthday craft or activity.
3. Northville supports the voluntary guidelines from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) recommending "use of non-food incentives, for prizes, gifts and awards"
4. Northville encourages Healthy snack options to be part of Holiday Celebrations.
5. Vending machines that are available in student areas will have healthy snack choices.
These procedures will be reviewed by the Health Advisory Board on a yearly basis.